Background

Monday, January 24, 2011

What happens when I get bored....

THINGS. GET. BAKED.

When it's been a few weeks... & no cakes have been comin' in... I get the itch. I get the itch to bake.
We had bananas... LOTS of bananas just sitting on our counter, that no one is gonna eat... So, lets bake with bananas!!
Now, me personally... I DO NOT do anything with 'baked' bananas. i.e. banana bread, etc...EEEH! But since we had all these bananas browning, (& I like my bananas over-ripe,) I wasn't gonna eat these brown things, & my boys I think are just the same as me. Brown on Bananas... NOPE.

So here is a yummy (according to my hubby!)... recipe.
'Banana Crumb Muffins'

**The cinnamon-&-brown-sugar streusel topping was De-lish... I'll admit....


So here is the recipe for any 'baked-banana' lovers...


Banana Crumb Muffins

1 1/2 C. flour

1 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. salt

3 bananas, mashed

3/4 C. white sugar

1 egg, lightly beaten

1/3 C. butter, melted

1/3 C. packed brown sugar

2 TBSP. flour

1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon

1 TBSP. butter

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line cupcake pan with muffin papers.

In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 C. flour, baking soda, baking powder, & salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg, & melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.

In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 TBSP. flour, & the cinnamon. Cut in 1 TBSP. butter until mixture resembles course cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.

Bake in preheated oven for about 17 minutes, until a toothpick instered into center of a muffin comes out clean.

EASY. PEASY. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments!